I have been a merchant with TMS for several years now. I have had the usual glitches with my terminal, but have been overall satisified with the company. Up until last month!

I performed services for a client of mine back in the summer of 2007. Everything seemed normal. The client ordered the services and gave me the company credit card. Services were rendered and the credit card was charged.

6 months after the date of services performed, I receive a call from the company whose credit card was used by the THEIR employee. They claimed that she was no longer an employee and demanded their money back.

I informed the woman I was sorry, but that I had no wrong-doing in the matter, and perhaps she should get ahold of her ex-employee to straighted out this matter and be reimbursed.

Rather than going after the employee, the woman contacted TMS and had them freeze my account. I noticed that several thousand dollars that was batched through had never been credited to my account.

Upon calling TMS I was told the whole story about the woman claiming that the money was "stolen" and it was my fault. TMS has now been "investigating" this matter for several weeks. When I finally got ahold of the man in charge of my account, he informed me that until the matter was resolved, TMS would be holding the amount of the charge until it was determined who the wrong-doer was.

I guess I can understand that they would need to review the case, but am certainly annoyed that I held up my end of the bargain and performed the ordered services as requested.

TMS claimed they would only be holding the amount which was in question. They lied! They are now holding every transaction run through my terminal. To date I am owed $3,200. None of which I have received!

I can never get ahold of the man in charge of my account, and am at my wits end! I am now telling clients that I prefer payment in the form of cash or check, because I am unaware of whether or not I will see any of my funds!

TMS shame on you!

Comments

Miami, Florida, United States #1300102

I have been using this company for years. I own a restaurant in Miami and the service they offer is prompt. Anytime I call I am greeted with a friendly person and offered help immediately.This company is very professional and offers excellent rates.

This company is doesnt make sense

Total Merchant Services SUCKS!

With a ROAMpay card swipe device you can turn your mobile smart phone into a credit card terminal and enjoy the freedom of accepting payment while on the move. Call today to find out if your smart phone is one of the many compatible with this amazing service.

Friendly service from knowledgable staff!

At Total Merchant Services, we take great care of our merchants because we believe that your success is our success. We provide our merchants with world-class customer service, but you don't have to take our word for it.

Grow your business any way you want!

Do you need more money to grow your business? Would you like to increase your advertising, stock up on seasonal merchandise or expand your location... but have exhausted other lines of credit? Whatever the reason, a cash advance can be the solution!

Many merchants like you are feeling the crunch of today's economy. We have come up with a terrific way for our merchants to combat that crunch! With just one phone call, you can tap into a secure line of credit and have funds advanced to you.

Committed to having the lowest rates!

We understand. Now, more than ever, you need to save money.

Total Merchant Services guarantees that you will not pay more in processing fees when taking advantage of our Free Terminal Placement program.

Never Buy Terminal Equipment Again! Total Merchant Services wants you to have the BEST EQUIPMENT POSSIBLE, and just like a cell phone dealer offering free cell phones or a satellite TV company offering free dishes, we don't think you should have to pay for it.

Even the shipping is free! Take advantage and upgrade your equipment today.

It's truly wireless & truly works!

Go ahead -- cut the cord! With the Nurit 8000 wireless terminal you can process transactions -- reliably -- everywhere your cell phone works.

This full featured terminal is an ideal solution for businesses on the go such as taxi cabs or service professionals. It also works perfectly for farmer's markets, retail kiosks or anywhere physical land-lines can be a hassle.

Never Buy Terminal Equipment Again!

Total Merchant Services wants you to have the BEST EQUIPMENT POSSIBLE, and just like a cell phone dealer offering free cell phones or a satellite TV company offering free dishes, we don't think you should have to pay for it. We are providing brand new terminal equipment to merchant locations FOR FREE - NO CATCHES! Even the shipping is free! Take advantage and upgrade your equipment today.

Committed to having the lowest rates!

We understand. Now, more than ever, you need to save money.

Our rate and fee structure is the most competitive in the industry. We'll evaluate your current processing statements, and prepare a custom proposal to show you exactly how much you can save. Grow your business any way you want!

There's no fixed loan payment, no fixed time frame and no bank hassles. Your advance is based on your future sales and is paid back through a small, agreed-to percentage of your daily credit card sales. What could be simpler! With our check conversion and guarantee service, you can now accept checks just like credit cards. You do not have to worry about going to the bank each day to deposit these checks. More importantly, you don't have to worry about whether the check is good. With our check guarantee service, we guarantee payment on each and every check you accept. That will save you time and money as well.

Turn your terminal into an innovative marketing campaign with our gift card and loyalty card program. Merchant-branded cards help create and increase customer loyalty. A considerable percentage of all gift and loyalty cards are not even used! For those that are, it increases your repeat business. Our gift and loyalty card program turns your credit card terminal into a money-making machine!

A virtual terminal can be used to perform all of the same functions of a physical credit card terminal. Using a secure website via the Internet, you'll be able to manually process credit card transactions from orders received offline, issue credits, void transactions, and view your online list of transactions, from any computer in the world. Plus you can connect your virtual terminal to your web site shopping cart for a safe and reliable e-commerce solution.Use your existing terminal equipment. Total Merchant Services can work with virtually any type of point-of-sale (POS) terminal equipment or software in use today. So, if you already have a credit card terminal, cash register, virtual terminal, or other POS device, we can simply reprogram it to work with your new Total Merchant Services merchant account. Saving you the expense of purchasing new hardware and the time to re-train your staff on new equipment.

Friendly service from knowledgable staff!

#197081

I was aproached by a guy named Scott Gray he came to my bussines saying that he will save me a lot of money and that his company will buy my account off Elavon Merchant services they never did and now I'm getting billed by both companies. They now charge me for 2 terminals that they send by mistake and this Scott Gray said that he was going to come pick it up from my bussines( that was a month ago)

#196069

The customer support takes way to long

MIAMI - Six South Florida residents involved in a mortgage fraud scam that resulted in more than $2 million in fraudulent mortgages were arrested as a result of a joint investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the Florida Department of Financial Services' Division of Insurance Fraud (DIF).

Investigators discovered that Alan Weitz, vice president of Bal Bay Properties, and his son Brandon Weitz, working for the same company, recruited "straw buyers" who were offered $3,000 each to allow their names to be used on mortgage loan applications to purchase homes with the understanding that the properties would be quit-claimed over to an actual buyer.

The following six individuals were charged with first degree grand theft on various counts: Sean McCarthy, 28, of Plantation, Fla., two counts; Brett Lewin, 27, of Plantation, one count; Corey Lewin, 30, of Davie, Fla., one count; Daniel Scala, 28, of Miami, one count; Alan Weitz, 58, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., four counts and Brandon Weitz, 28, of Miami Beach, one count.

Never work with this company, nobody wanna be responsible for a thing whtich they do. The sales person took my information, and never process it, spend my time, did a lot of mistakes, the person with I work was John Hinton never work with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a limousine business and I have been doing business with TMS for about one year now. I never suspected how DANGEROUS would be having their services until few weeks ago.

Super Bowl week is a very profitable period for all transportation businesses in Miami area and we had exceptional sales. Most of all clients were tourists and so carry a credit card issued outside the US. After receiving all approvals I was contacted by fax and I learned that TMS elected to stop funding my account. I calculate they have over 15k on hold and their answers have been not satisfactory so far.

It has been very hard trying to contact Mr.

MATT LILLY(representative for my account) and he himself seems to very totally LOST to what, why they have not credit my account yet. It has been two weeks since the whole incident and I will certainly press charges against them.